The age of a rower in a masters rowing event shall be that which he/she attains during the year of the event. Masters rowing events shall be held in the following crew age categories:
- A. Minimum age: 27 years
- B. Average age: 36 years or more
- C. Average age: 43 years or more
- D. Average age: 50 years or more
- E. Average age: 55 years or more
- F. Average age: 60 years or more
- G. Average age: 65 years or more
- H. Average age: 70 years or more
- I. Average age: 75 years or more
- J. Average age: 80 years or more
- K. Average age: 85 years or more
Age categories do not apply to coxswains of masters crews. Each competitor shall be responsible for his/her own health and fitness, also must have health insurance.
The aim of a masters rower can be everything from recreational rowing to competing at regattas. Rowing Masters Sprint racing takes place over 500m distance – every race awarded. Master rowers can be former elite rowers or absolute beginners who only began rowing aged 27 or above.
Proof of age. Everyone competitor must be able to provide his/her age by presentation of an official document (passport or identity card) during all racing time.
Masters Regata Regulation